Canon Pixma MG3100 Driver Download and Wireless Setup
|Canon PIXMA MG3100|
Canon Pixma MG3100 Driver Download, Scanner Software, Manual Installations, Wifi & Wireless Setup For Mac, Windows – The Canon Pixma MG3100 Wireless Printer is marketed as a straightforward and also economical printer that can print, scan, and also copy. Reviewers at PrinterComparison appreciated the Pixma MG3100’s easy set up taking testers just 20 mins to complete. It showcases cordless connectivity, the capacity to print photos, and a scanner that could accommodate 8.5 × 11.7-inch documents; all attributes that make it a versatile printer for the home. Canon advertises that the Pixma MC3100 has printing rates of 9.2 ipm for black and white, 5 ipm for color prints, as well as 44 secs for a border-less 4 × 6 inch image. COMPUTER taped a rate of 9 ipm when printing in black and white, however the ipm did not live up to the marketed rate for color papers.
The Pixma MG3100’s output quality conceals the printer’s price. Images on Canon’s very own paper looked quite excellent, regardless of a slightly abnormal orange tint that was particularly visible on human faces. On plain paper, shade graphics looked fairly accurate, as well as message showed up dark and sharp, though grayscale graphics often tended a bit towards purple. Performance was quite great for an $80 MFP. Full-page color shiny prints took virtually 4 minutes to print, yet message web pages published on plain paper print at 6.2 web pages each min on the PC and 5.85 ppm on the Mac. Snapshot-size images arised at 2.4 ppm on ordinary paper and 1.2 ppm on glossy paper. In the category of “most useless solution ever on an internet site,” Canon has a major challenger In the Product Q&A section for the Canon Pixma MG3100 online, a user asked, “the number of sheets does each cartridge print?”
The factor for the incredibly elusive reply just may be the dear price of the Pixma MG3100’s black ink. Two sizes of black substitutes are available: the 300-page XL, which costs $21 (a massive 7 cents each page); and also the 600-page XXL, which runs $38 (or 6.3 cents each page). The XL merged color cartridge (which includes all three shades) is rather more budget friendly, fairly speaking, at $30 for 400 web pages (7.45 cents each web page) for all three colors. A four-color page (published with the XL color cartridge and also the XXL black cartridge) would certainly set you back a pricier-than-average 13.8 cents. You’ll need to go to the shop fairly not long after the initial acquisition. The Pixma MG3100 ships with 180-page starter cartridges that really did not even make it with our testing.
In our years in San Francisco, we’ve seen multitudes of inkjet printers, including Canons, left on the sidewalk due to their outrageous ink prices. In some cases, acquiring a brand-new printer with fresh ink prices no more than buying replacement cartridges for a design you already have. In spite of the Canon Pixma MG3100’s capability in numerous areas, its high ink prices make it tough to advise. Despite the excellent photo quality, the ink ability on this tool leaves much to be wanted. Using a 3:1 ration of black to tint web pages printed, COMPUTER exhausted the printers ink cartridges after 240. Nevertheless, high capability ink cartridges are readily available for purchase, which might help prolong time between getting brand-new cartridges.
Recommended Driver: Canon PIXMA MG7720 Wireless Setup and Driver Download
The Canon Pixma MG3100 is marketed as an easy and economical printer that can print, scan, as well as copy. Canon advertises that the Pixma MC3100 has printing speeds of 9.2 ipm for black and also white, 5 ipm for color prints, and also 44 seconds for a border-less 4 × 6 inch image. Full-page color shiny prints took nearly 4 mins to print, but message pages published on plain paper print at 6.2 pages each min on the PC and 5.85 ppm on the Mac.
Canon PIXMA MG3100 Review Specs:
- Printing Technology: Ink-jet – color – photo.
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 39 seconds6, Black: ESAT (Black) Approx. 9.7 ipm, Color: ESAT (Color) Approx. 6.1 ipm
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 2,048 / Black: 320 / Total: 2,368.
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color: Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi1, Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi1
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper; Fine Art: Canon Fine Art Paper “Photo Rag” ®;Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope.
- Output Tray Capacity: Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 Sheets Cassette: 150 Sheets.
- Printer Features: Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing2, Calendar Print, Camera Phone Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print4, ID Photo Print, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Direct Print (Memory Card/Camera/USB Flash Memory), Photo Printing, Template Print.
- Copy Features: Fit-to-Page, Multiple Copy: 1-9, 20 Pages, Fast (speed priority)
- Other Features: 2-Way Paper Feeding, 2.4 LCD, Auto Sheet Feeder, D.C.G.P.T., Front Cassette, Scroll Wheel, Self-Opening Paper Output Tray, Quick Access UI, Quick Start.
Canon PIXMA MG3100 OS Compatibility:
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT16.
How to Setup Canon PIXMA MG3100 for Windows:
- Keep in mind that following instructions that your Windows prompts is essential for the drivers to install properly and establish a working connection with the printer.
- Turn your Canon MG3100 printer off. It must be turned off during first few steps until you are asked to turn it on.
- Your printer should come with a USB cable. Connect the printer with the computer through proper ports, both on your computer and the printer.
- Turn the printer Canon Pixma MG3100 on now.
- On your computer, find the “Start” button and click the button to bring forth the Control Panel window. On the window, locate the Hardware and Sound option. Look for Devices and Printers and select “Add a Printer” option. Navigate to “Local Printer”. Note the port the printer uses to connect to the computer. Click on that port.
- A window will pop up. On that window, select “Canon” and find the model of the printer you own. Click Next.
- Choose a name to identify the printer and click Next.
- Specify whether you want the printer to be shared or not. Click Next.
- Specify whether you want the printer to be primary printer or not. Click Next.
- The Canon Pixma MG3100 printer is ready for use.
How to Setup Canon PIXMA MG3100 for Mac:
- Draw your web browser and look at this website.
- Find the Support and Drivers on that website.
- On the list of Product Type, find Consumer and Home Office option.
- On the list of Product Family, choose Printers.
- Find your printer model and click on the link next to it.
- Find the Operating System dropdown menu. Find the matching version of Mac OS X.
- Download the proper driver.
- Upon downloading, double click on the file and a new window will appear. Double click on the proper file and installation begins.
- Click Continue twice. Select Install.
- Plug the printer to Mac with USB cable. Turn the printer on.
Canon PIXMA MG3100 Wireless Setup:
- The protective measure must be taken off of your printer. Lift up the cover of the printer’s scanner unit.
- Open up the printer’s paper output tray.
- Take out the cartridge holder and take off protective materials of it likewise.
- Place one end of the power cord into the correct interface on the printer and connect the other end to the wall power outlet.
- Turn the printer on to select your language preference on the operation panel.
- Press the OK button.
- Turn it back off. Open the scanner cover.
- Place the ink cartridge holder back to its place. Close scanner cover. Turn the printer on. Press setup button and select wireless LAN setup. Press OK.
- Select Easy Setup, press OK. Select Access Point, press OK. Enter WEP key, press OK.
- Place the setup CD into CD-ROM’s tray. Insert the tray.
- Run the canon MG3100 driver program.
- Select the country you reside at the moment. Select Next.
- Choose Easy Install. Install the program.
- Select “Use printer on network”. Click next.
- After the program is done detecting printer, find your own on the list. Click Next.
- Wait for program installation. Click complete.
- Printer Application Menu appears on the computer screen indicating that the printer is ready for use.
Canon PIXMA MG3100 Wireless Connection Setting:
- Press and hold the Wireless button (A) on the printer until the Wireless lamp (B) flashes.
- Press the Black button (C).
- Follow the steps of the connection mode you want to change, and proceed with the setup.
Note: If the SSID/Password (Network key) are unknown, print the LAN setting information and check the SSID/Password (Network key) field.
How to print the LAN setting Canon MG3100:
- Press the Stop button on the printer.
- Press and hold the Wireless button until the Wireless lamp flashed.
- Press the Color button.
- Press the Wireless button repeatedly until the Network lamp and the Direct lamp light up.
- Press the Color button.
- The LAN setting information will be printed.
Canon PIXMA MG3100 Driver & Software Download:
Name Drivers and Operating System
Canon MG3100 series Mini Master Setup (Windows/Vista/XP)
|Canon MG3100 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows/Vista/XP)|
|Canon MG3100 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon MG3100 MP Navigator EX Ver. 5.0.2 (Windows)|
|Canon MG3100 My Image Garden Software Ver.3.5.1 (Windows)|
|Canon MG3100 Quick Menu Ver.2.7.1 (Windows)|
|Canon MG3100 series Scanner Driver Ver.18.0.1b (Mac)|
|Canon MG3100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (Mac)|
|Canon MG3100 ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon MG3100 Quick Menu Ver.2.7.1 (Mac)|
|Canon MG3100 My Image Garden Ver.3.5.2 (Mac)|
|Canon MG3100 Canon IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.0 (Mac)|
|Canon MG3100 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 (Linux)|
|Canon MG3100 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 (Linux)|
How do you scan with a Canon Pixma MG3100:
Just follow these instructions.
- Install the MP Navigator EX software located on the disc that came with the printer.
- Select “Start” > “Programs” > “Canon Utilities” > “MP Navigator EX.
- Select “Photos/Documents.
- Open the top of the scanner and place the document you wish to scan on the glass.
Canon Software Driver download For Mac is an intermediary to facilitate you downloaded the drivers, all the drivers we provide here the original of the major providers are not our modifications if you find broken links, please contact us.